Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm *cough* still *cough* here...*cough cough cough*

Ok - this time, I have a legitimate excuse for not updating. That's right - the flu finally caught up with me.

I'm not sure if it was regular flu, or of the H1N1 variety, but I was definitely out of commission either way. Last Wednesday, I came home from work coughing and feeling very, very cold. So, I decided to climb into to bed and watch TV for the rest of the evening, hoping to kick whatever it was that was brewing.

Unfortunately for me, that is not what happened. I woke up a few hours later, absolutely freezing and harboring a fever of 101.6. Thursday and Friday mornings, it was more of the same, so I called in sick to work both days to spare my coworkers from this nasty thing.

Of course, I did my best to pick a good time to be sick: David was gone and I was all by myself at home. That certainly makes it hard to run to the store for soup, jello and Diet Sprite.

I do have to say, though, this has been the strangest sickness I've dealt with in a long time. In fact, I can't remember the last time I had any kind of flu - it has been at least eight years, I'm sure. I had a fever, cough, my body ached and I was incredibly tired, but I was never sick to my stomach. Now that my fever has finally gone, I still have a terrible cough and congestion. Oh yeah - super fun.

My fever broke three days later - just in time for David's parents to stop by our place for a visit on their way back home from Denver. It was Denise's birthday on Sunday, so I made a big breakfast for John, Denise, David and I. I also made a big chocolate birthday cake.




This weekend, David and I are looking forward to a Halloween party at my coworker's house. For those of you that know us well, you'll enjoy our costume choice:

Eric and Donna from That '70s Show. Don't worry - I'll post pictures. We have yet to find the perfect wigs, but I think we're going to venture out tonight to see if we can find a long, red wig for me and a shaggy, brown wig for David.

After that, it's on to the next big weekend: Matt and Rachel's wedding on Nov. 7. David is heading home on Thursday afternoon and I'm going to head home on Friday. Then, depending schedules, I may be flying from home down to Oklahoma City for the AQHA World Show for work.

It's going to be a busy couple of weeks - I just hope my immune system can keep up!

No comments: