Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bring it on!

I look out my windows here in Nebraska and the trees are starting to bloom (well, the ones that do, in fact, bloom) and the grass is greening up. I can FEEL spring...BRING IT ON, MOTHER NATURE!

And, of course, spring also means it's that time again. No, not time to get outside and work in the yard. It's time to sit inside on Tuesday nights and watch Deadliest Catch.

You're all all well aware of my love affair with Mike Rowe. Of course, I love to watch Dirty Jobs - I have never seen someone with such perfect comedic timing! But, one of my favorite things about Mike Rowe isn't his looks or humor - it's that voice. Yummmmmmmyyyy. And, who else would narrate Deadliest Catch but Mike Rowe. What can I say - it makes my life happy. Plus, I think this is going to be a kick-ass season.

Stop complaing. I don't care if you don't love Mike Rowe as much as I do. I'm obsessed. I've come to terms with it and it doesn't bother me anymore.

In other news, David and I finally parted with a few extra dollars and rented some movies (and yes, it was like prying the pacifier out of a crying baby's hand). Anyway, we rented several movies, among them was Fireproof.

Most of you that know me know that I'm a fairly religious person. Well, that isn't correct - my faith is very important to me - I don't think religious is ever the right word because it can mean way too many things. That being said, Fireproof is a movie that focuses on mending a broken marriage through faith and keeping God at the center of your relationship. But, even with that, we thought it was a great movie and one that every married couple should watch. Fireproof really doesn't pull any punches - it comes right out and shows you just how nasty a marriage can get. But, it also shows how rewarding and carefully maintained marriage can be. Apart from the not-so-great acting in the first few minutes of the movie, it gets four thumbs up from us.

Coming right up (in the next two weeks in fact), David and are I going to be making the journey home. Like usual, we'll plan to be home sometime late on Friday night and then on the road again early on Saturday morning - headed up to Chicago for the Cubs-Marlins game. I've been to a major league game, but this will be my first Wrigley experience and I'm so excited!

We hope to be home again sometime Saturday evening. I'm hoping the weather is nice because I am just dying to go home and have a few hours to shoot some pictures at home. We have some new babies on the ground and I can't wait to get the pictures - and practice my photography a little. Living here in town isn't exactly a great way to get the shots that I like.

I think that's all the news for now (I know - we're super-duper exciting). Hope you all have a great week!

No comments: