Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm in Heaven...

...in a little - well, big - place called Texas!

Oh, man, I just love it down here. I drove down to Gainesville on Monday for work and I have just enjoyed every minute. It is so neat to see ranch after ranch after ranch. And, some of the ranches are more than that.

Growing up and showing horses, I got used to looking at the breed publications and seeing names like Carol Rose, Tim McQuay, Hollywood Dun It and many, many more.

Well, today, I drove by Carol Rose's ranch. I also drove by the home of Hollywood Dun It - and it was literally like a normal person driving by a movie star's house: total awe and wonder.

Sadly, tonight I had to leave my one true home and head back into Oklahoma for an interview tomorrow. After that, I think I'll be headed back to a less desirable state (at least for now): Nebraska.

Anyway - in a nutshell - I'll be living in Texas one day. I'll own a giant ranch that is home of some famous horse and will have a giant, automatic front gate with my initials on top - just like everyone else has.

Now that I have that information off my chest....

This weekend was so much fun. I drove over to Waterloo, Iowa, on Saturday for a little reunion with my boys and their significant others. It was so nice to see them and have a chance to catch up. We rehashed some of the same old jokes and made some new ones and really, just enjoyed each other's company. I hope this is something we can do every year. As Brian said, "I like annual parties. Really - let's do this again. Not it for planning it..."

Looks like I'm on the slate for next year's "Reunion of Legendary FFA Officers."

I suppose that's it for tonight. I'll try to take some more pictures tomorrow while I'm out in Oklahoma and be sure to post them - soon (because I know Kirk gets a little antsy).

No comments: