Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ideas, please.

Did you know that David and I have been married nearly a year? I can't hardly believe it myself. It seems like just yesterday that we were celebrating at our reception.

Just thinking about our anniversary makes me happy. Happy that David hasn't gotten bored with me. Happy to be so content with our life together. And, happy to be secure in the thought that there will be many more anniversaries.

However, the thought of our first anniversary also makes me a little sick. Yes - sick. I didn't stutter. Here's why:

David is an incredible gift giver. He's always been able to come up with amazing gifts for every occasion. He's always so thoughtful - and always gives gifts that I don't expect. It would be easy for him to ask me point blank and get whatever I suggest. Instead, he goes to the trouble of finding something amazing - and totally off my radar.

Not a problem, you say? Oh, trust me, it is.

It's a problem because I'm a TERRIBLE gift giver in every sense of the word. If I can think of anything at all, it is most likely completely ordinary and it is most definitely not exciting. Any gift I give David will be something that he's mentioned he might like to have a few times, and I can guarantee it won't be anything that he wasn't expecting.

In fact, David says he's already bought a gift for me (yes, several weeks ahead of time) and that one gift, specifically, is "wayyyyy cool" in his words.

How can I compete with that? I've tried to come up with things, but anything that happens to be exciting or unexpected that crosses my mind also happens to be close to a million dollars. Well, maybe not quite that much, but still relatively expensive.

So. That's it. I'm screwed.

Any good ideas for me?

No comments: