Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Was there life before this?

No, I'm not talking about electricity or pasteurization or plumbing or refrigeration - or anything like that.

This is much, MUCH bigger than that.

I'm talking about this:



If you think I'm kidding or being sarcastic, you're wrong.

David and I have quite literally - in fact, I think even singlehandedly - kept the beef, pork and poultry industries afloat in the days since we pur our cute little grill together.

Plus, nothing says summer like steak, hot dogs, chicken, hamburgers or brats on the grill.

And, let me tell you, it's been a long winter out here in Nebraska. The natives - okay, mostly me - were getting restless. That's why I was ready to get our new little grill out and get busy.

I love to cook, and that's part of the reason I have been infatuated with this little appliance. In fact, I have grilled everything that I can possibly grill. I mean, I always loved food cooked on the grill when I was a kid, but since I've lived away from home, I've never had the opportunity to own a grill.

That was until Mom and Chuck got David and I a grill for Christmas. And now, I'm like a junkie. I can't get enough. If I could grill desserts, I would.

Somebody stop me before this gets out of control. Or, before I singe my eyebrows off. Or, before David gets tired of all things grilled and leaves me for another woman. All of these things have an equal probability of happening. It's just a matter of time.

2 comments:

radams829 said...

Just so you know - I picked up a Weber Grill Cookbook at Barnes & Noble this weekend to flip through and it had recipes for deserts on the grill....just so you know....

crystal.cattle said...

I went to grill last night and we were out of propane! Can't wait to start grilling.

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com