Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm back!

I have neglected my posting recently because I know you all have better things to do with your time than read lots of nothingness here.

But, I'm back! I finally have some new material. Well, I guess that's not completely true - I have pictures, but that doesn't mean I have anything earth-shattering to say.

Either way - the blog has been updated and you can all rest easy (I know you were worried - don't try to deny it).

Of course, this past weekend was Memorial Day. Not being ones to pass up a long weekend at home, David and I hit the road Friday night and headed for Clinton. I had hoped to get out to Weldon Springs to visit Veteran's Point, but it just didn't happen. Instead, my weekend was filled with picture taking at home, a visit to Mom and Chuck's shop and chatting with friends and family. It was glorious - GLORIOUS I TELL YOU!

Sorry - momentary lapse. I'm back now.

Anyway, David and I got home about midnight Friday night and, as per the usual, David went on to his house and I stayed at mine. In case you're wondering, I like the windows open, fresh air and ceiling fan at home; he likes the air conditioning at his house.

Saturday morning, I got up and helped with chores (camera in tow, of course), snapped some pictures of the regulars and met the newest additions to Baum's Hilltop Farm.

Louise is such a creeper...

EARS!

How freakin' cute is this guy? I mean really.

And this little girl. Let me tell you about this little girl...

She is just the sweetest thing...

And, she loves a good scratch.

Well, I suppose everybody loves a good scratch when you get right down to it.


After chores, Janell and I headed to Chestnut to help Mom move a piece of furniture into her shop. Of course, that turned into an entire afternoon of chatting with Mom and hanging out at the shop. Don't worry - I was okay with that. I used the extra time to snap some pictures of the shop for Mom's website.


After a few hours at the shop, Janell and I headed back home to take some pictures of sale horses and, when we finally had all of that done, she introduced me to the scooter (a bad idea). Finally, it was time for more chores (and more baby pictures!). We ended the night with a bonfire at my cousin's house.

Please ignore the fact that I'm dirty, sweaty and chunky. Oh, and that I am, in fact, still wearing the previous day's make up and haven't yet fixed my hair. Thanks.

On a side note - pictures like these are the reason that I am the one that TAKES the pictures, not the one that is IN the pictures. 


Louise is still a creeper. As I was snapping pictures of the little ones, she insisted she must be in my lap, on top of me and breathing down my neck. Finally, I said, "Louise, would you like your picture taken? Okay, let's take your picture." This is what I got. Like I said, she's a total creeper.


Like I said - glorious. For everyone, including Loretta the Cat.

Sunday was more of the same - more pictures and more time outside. I also made it over to Grandma and Grandpa's (I got a pie baking class with Grandpa and Grandma scheduled for next week - yes!) and then headed to David's to spend some time with him and his family - and their air conditioning and new flat screen TV. Priorities, man. 

 
 

Monday, I spent my time dreading the zero hour when we had to hit the road for home. We finally got back to Nebraska around 9 p.m. and, after eight hours on the road, my super-swollen-and-not-so-beautiful ankles have made a re-appearance. Hopefully, I can get them back to their normal slenderness by Friday when I'm back on the road headed home - again.

Yes, that's right kids! I'm headed back to Clinton next weekend and will be staying in Clinton all week! I wanted to go to the state FFA convention this year and decided to take some time off to make it happen. So, I'll be working from home next week and going to convention to spend some time with a couple of my boys.

Excited doesn't really do justice to how happy I am about this whole scenario.

Because I will be in town a full week, I have already started scheduling friend dates. Let me know if you would like to make an appointment.

No comments: