Monday, February 22, 2010

I have nothing interesting to say.

Probably not the best way to keep you hooked and interested in reading my blog entry, but I figured I should give you some kind of forewarning before you got halfway through the post and thought, "What the...this added no value to my day."

Anyway, the list that follows is a collection of my thoughts from the past few days. Yes, I'm fairly certain I have ADHD.
  • I do not own a single piece of clothing I like. When did that happen?
  • The previous realization is most likely directly related to the fact that I like to cook. Damn.
  • Why are all work out clothes so small? I will never work out in public if every piece of work out wear is made of spandex and could fit a Barbie doll.
  • Nebraska is eight hours away from my home and that sucks.
  • It is completely unfair that I am not independently wealthy. And, that I don't look like my sister.
  • I need more Champaign-Urbana in my life. The same is true for Kirky, BK, Lock and Skitter.
  • The Girl Scouts are in cahoots with the devil. Can you think of another reason they would dispense a delicious product like Girl Scout cookies only once a year?
  • Nothing irritates me more than when my favorite pair of underwear lose all of their elastic.
  • I am too cheap to replace above underwear.
  • Square-toed boots are the best thing ever made. EVER.
  • I miss the glory days of Illini basketball. Given the amount of yelling that has happened in my apartment of late, my neighbors probably do, too.
  • Puffs tissues with Vicks and lotion are the best thing ever made. EVER. (Yes, I realize I previously made this exact same statement on this very list).
  • If I wasn't already married to the man of my dreams, I would totally become a groupie for the Josh Abbott Band or Brandon Rhyder. Or both.
  • I will never - and I mean NEVER - wear a "shirt dress" with tights. Who thought that was a good idea?
  • Horizontal stripes are not good for anyone. Seriously, it's not even worth trying.
  • Why do all of the national holidays have to be grouped at one end of the year? Couldn't we space this out enough to have one holiday a month? I don't think I'm alone, here.
I think that's the extent of it for now. But, don't worry. I'm sure more of these little beauties will pop up again in the near future. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

What do you even say when someone tells you that you have ADHD? "Thank you, have a nice day?"

Our ADHD habits will just allow us to go ahead and buy a new wardrobe as well as anything else we want. Like a new pair of square toes. I think its a great idea. Then, when we get in trouble, we can just say, "ope mus thave been my ADHD kicking in" or "forgot to take my medication today so I am a bit...jumpy"

I think this is a great idea! Love you and miss you! I can't wait to see you!