Monday, March 1, 2010

Oh, spandex.

You're not going to believe this, but I bought spandex.

Pick your jaw up off the floor - it's true.

Don't worry - I don't plan on wearing it outside of my house. Well, unless of course, I can find some giant, circa early 1990s shirt that hangs down past my knees to wear with it.

Anyway, my best good friend and I went shopping this weekend, and near the end of our day, ended up at Scheels. We started poking around in the wind pants and, somehow, stumbled into the yoga pants section. I can't explain it, but I was just drawn to these pants. They felt so nice - despite the fact that they're largely made of spandex-like material and I have a big-time aversion to spandex. I started looking for my size and much to my surprise they had it - and, I could get them with extra length. How could I not try them on?

Big mistake.

I slipped (okay, tugged) them on and was instantly in heaven. By no means do they make me look good, but - man oh man, let me tell you - they sure are comfortable. And, they're be perfect to run in when it's a little too chilly for shorts. Or - gasp - great for yoga.

I know. Who would have thought that yoga pants would be great for yoga? Shocking.

Of course, after trying them on and loving these crazy spandex pants, I went a little crazy. Partially because I love comfy clothes and partially because my doctor told me I HAD to lose weight or he was going to start me on another type of medication.

So, I found a long sleeved shirt great for running when it's cold outside and a new sports bra. I've left myself with no possible excuse for not working out. Damn.

I don't know why it's so hard to stick to something like working out every few days - I like to run and lift weights, so why won't I just do it? Who knows. Either way, I'm hoping the four people that read this will help me stick to my guns and push me to keep going. In other words, feel free to use condescending and rude remarks - even blackmail - to help me through this. Or something like that.

Even my skinny-ass husband has offered to help by going down to the work out room at our complex and working out with me. That should provide enough drive right there - I mean, the kids loses five pounds when he even looks at a set of weights or a treadmill.

Anyway, my plan is to NOT look like this anymore (seriously - I wore a green shirt to work today, so the resemblance is uncanny. That, and I do have a habit of walking around the office with a giant turkey leg in my hand...or whatever that is)...



And, look something like this by the end of the month:




Okay - maybe not. But, that's beside the point.

No matter what happens, I'm sure this little expedition will at least provide me with a few blog posts worth of humorous stories and happenings from the work out room and the girls that, oh my god, like, love to, like, get on the elliptical and, like, sweat and, like, watch E!

Yeah.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the sweatpants we bought too, and I'm wearing them right now!

Scheels said...

We're glad we could help with your spandex epiphany! Thanks for coming to the store, and we hope to see you again soon!