Monday, March 22, 2010

Visitors!

I absolutely LOVE it when we have visitors. Here are some of the reasons why:

  1. David and I are lame and don't get out much, so we don't really know what to do for fun here in Lincoln.
  2. We don't know too many people out here in Husker country.
  3. We both work a lot and don't get to go home and visit with friends as often as we would like to.
  4. I like feeding people.
  5. Video games are much more fun with four players.
  6. David doesn't like to go shopping with me. 
  7. Visitors make it easier to get rid of leftover beer.
  8. David and I are lame and don't get out much, so we don't really know what to do for fun here in Lincoln. Oh wait - I already said that, didn't I?
No matter what the reason, we love visitors. They make my life happy. They make my skirt fly up (well, that would be true if I actually wore skirts anymore). They give my life meaning.

Okay, maybe that last one was a bit much.

Either way, my life was super happy this weekend because my sister, Janell, and cousin, Brian, came out for a visit. Janell started her spring break this weekend and Brian hasn't started planting yet, so it seemed like the perfect time for them to make the long drive out to Nebraska.

I'm not sure they enjoyed it as much as we did, though. Because of reasons No. 1 and 2 above, we didn't do a whole lot. And by "we don't do a whole lot," I mean we rarely leave our apartment (see No. 2). I mean, lets be honest - David and I aren't exactly the let's-go-out-and-drive-around-town-until-we-find-something-fun-to-do kind of people. We aren't even the plan-every-detail-out-completely kind of people. We're sit-on-the-couch-and-watch-a-movie kind of people.

So, instead of doing and planning, we fed Brian and Janell lots of food, played video games, enjoyed some adult beverages and Janell and I went shopping (see numbers 4, 5, 6 and 7 above).

Despite that lack of regular visitor-type activities, I think the travelers enjoyed their time here in Nebraska. I know we sure enjoyed seeing them...

No comments: