Thursday, March 4, 2010

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go....

Nevermind. Screw that song. It gives the impression that I'm all sad and droopy about leaving and that, my friends, is certainly not the case here. Plus, I'm only going to be gone for three days. Maybe that's the sad and droopy part...

Don't get me wrong - Nebraska and I have a relatively comfortable relationship. I mean, we tolerate each other and that's enough for the time being. But, my tiny Nebraska apartment doesn't have room for horses, and that means that I'm ready to head home for the weekend and get some horse time under my belt.

By the time this post hits the web, Scoop and I will be on the road and headed East. My suitcase is packed, the cooler is packed, the camera is in the car and I've made goodies for mom and Janell and they're in the car, too - the only thing we're waiting on is for the clock to strike five on Thursday and our butts to be in the driver's and passenger's seats. In other words, it's on. It is SO on.

But, I'm not excited or anything.

All singing, yelling, shouting, parade throwing and skipping aside, I think I've picked a pretty good weekend to hit the road for home. This weekend is the Illinois Horse Fair, and mom is taking a few sale horses over, so we'll have a little booth set up and I'll probably have a chance to run into some old friends that I haven't seen in a while. We're also donating our horses for the judging contest, which may mean that I get to log some time in the saddle, too.

And, David...well, I don't know what David is doing. All I know is that I'll be spending my time in Springfield, where I get to play with horses, talk to some friends and do some much needed western shopping.

Oh, bring it on.

No comments: