Friday, March 19, 2010

Oh, March Madness...

How I've missed you. In fact, to me, you're just like Christmas. I wait all year for college basketball and tournament time - and let me tell you - in this crazy state where the Husker football fans take fandom to a whole new level, you couldn't have come at a better time.

And, even though my picks this year haven't been as solid and consistent as they have been in the past - and I'm danger of losing this year's bracket challenge to my husband (despite my three-year win streak) - I still love you and the obscene number of basketball games with which you've blessed my TV.

And that's why I pledge my unending devotion and love to you, college basketball, and your best friend, March Madness. I wish you didn't have to leave me for months on end in the hands of your dreaded cousin, baseball season. I'm sorry, but he's boring.

Don't tell my husband about that thing I just said about baseball season. He loves baseball season.

No comments: