Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lock.


So, here's the thing. I love Jessica Lock. I mean I really, really love this kid. During the past few years, we've spent all kinds of time together. She was in our wedding, for Heaven's sake.

But, even after all of that, I honestly can't remember the very first time I met this crazy, quirky lady. I remember when I first met Rachel and Bethany, but I just can't pinpoint that first time I encountered Lock (and trust me - with Jessica Lock, "encounter" really is the perfect word). Rather, it was like all of the sudden she was there and she had always been there.

And, once she was firmly established in my circle of friends, I couldn't think of a single reason to kick her out. In all seriousness, though, Jessica is a remarkable person and role model - it's pretty hard not to love her. Here's why:
  • She's hilarious (I wanted to save the proof provided here for another post, but I just couldn't help myself). One night, on the way home from Wal-Mart, the four of us were having a conversation about boys. Rachel mentioned she thought she might just decide to go make some bad decisions. I told Rachel she should just make bad decisions with food and not boys, to which Jessica replied, "Yeah. I bet if you're fat you're not a slut. Well, I guess fat people could be sluts. Slutty fat people."
  • She's a smart cookie. She and Bethany carried our room GPA for a few semesters.
  • She's patient, as evidenced by the fact that she's an early childhood education teacher. To me, that job sounds like a death sentence.
  • She's loyal. Hey, she's stuck with me for several years now and that takes perseverance.
  • She's firm. As in, she always thinks before she speaks and always stands up for her convictions. 
  • She's lots of other things, too. 


Like I said. I love this kid.

Bethany, prepare yourself. You're next.

No comments: