Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Off to the real world...

It's finally over: graduation. I didn't go through mine, but that doesn't mean that I won't get a diploma. David's graduation was this weekend, too. I drove up to Macomb with his brother and sister-in-law and his parents to see him go through his. Then, on Sunday, we had a little graduation party for him. Before I went to David's graduation party I drove out to Aunt Nancy's for a little Mother's Day celebration. I think I suprised everyone showing up unannounced, but I didn't think they would care anyway. It was nice to see everyone together before I have to leave.



All in all, it was a nice, long weekend. David and I spent most of Saturday, Sunday and Monday playing with his nieces Eileen and Elise. They are just too cute. And, of course, they have just got their Uncle Dave wrapped around their little fingers. They could start a nuclear war and he'd be proud of them for organizing it.







I needed to head back to Champaign on Monday night for work the next morning, so David went back with me. The internet is out at his house and we have our engagement pictures on Thursday morning, so it just made sense for him to head back with me. Plus, with his plans still a little up in the air, it will give us a chance to spend a little bit of time together before I have to leave.

I'm really anxious to get out to Nebraska and just get settled. There's so much that needs to be done just so I can get moved. And, then there's the wedding stuff that needs to be done before I leave. It just makes me so tired! Oh well. Hopefully I can get a bunch of stuff done this week and next week and then I won't have to worry about it anymore.

I can't think of anything else too new and exciting. I have to pick up my wedding dress on Wednesday then I'm headed home for the weekend because mom wanted to take David and I out for dinner for graduation. I love going out for meals...especially when I don't have to pay!

No comments: