Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We have reached that point...

That's right; I have finally reached that very interesting point on the calendar where I can say, "No, I don't think that will work - that's a week before my wedding so I know I can't be here for that."

Isn't that crazy? David and I ran into that today. I've been planning one final trip for work before the wedding and it unfortunately ran into a week that David and I were planning on having his mother out here. So, in the midst of David and I trying to work the situation out, he said, "Don't you usually plan your own trips? Can't you just move it?" After I thought about it for a minute, I realized that there was no way I could really move it back any further (I'm planning it for the week of Oct. 20) because that would be cutting it really close to the wedding and I wouldn't have time to get all of my trip stuff wrapped up before I left for a week and a half. YIKES!

Continuing on the wedding notes: I talked with our wedding coordinator tonight and things seem to be coming together nicely. She asked me a few questions about the ceremony and people in it so she could finish up some odds and ends and we set up an appointment to meet the weekend of Oct. 17 when David and I are home for family pictures. I'm really excited to meet with her and get a few of the last odds and ends wrapped up so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Well, I mentioned last night that mom was planning on coming out here today - obviously since I' taking the time to blog, that didn't happen. For a lady that doesn't have a 9-5 job, she sure stays busy. Plus, she said that she's old. Well, she didn't say that - I just kind of deduced that myself. She actually said that she just couldn't stand to drive eight hours straight through and it would take her too long to get out here. So, I don't know when she'll eventually make it out, but I hope she can get it planned for sometime soon. Being so far away from home, David and I obviously don't often have visitors, so I get so excited when we do.

Other than the ususal boring wedding stuff (I know a couple of you guys that read this are probably really ready for the wedding to be here and be over so you can read about something new!) I don't have too much new to report. David's at work and I'm off to bed!

No comments: