Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I know - this is lllllloooooooonnnnnnnggggg overdue. My apologies.

I inteded to write last week before I headed home for Gordyville, but it just didn't get done. But, on that note...
Last weekend, David and I went home so I could announce one last show at Gordyville. It was nice to go home, but when you have to announce a two-day show and still fit in 16 hours of driving, it makes for a short weekend. On the up side, I did get to see mom and Janell and watch Janell show all weekend. In fact, I took a few pictures while I was home.

That's a good friend of ours in the top picture; she leases my horse, Linny, so I had to snap some pictures of her, too.

I have to say, I would give just about anything to have a camera like the one I used this weekend. The camera I had this weekend was a Nikon D70 - they don't make them anymore, but a Nikon D80 is nearly the same thing and they are just wonderful cameras. One of these days, when I can save up a boatload of money, I will have one of those cameras!

Anyway, while we were home, David ran over to Champaign with his dad and brother to get fitted for his tux for the wedding. He was hoping to have a few of the other guys that were in the wedding come with him, but with harvest everyone is so busy. So, instead of going out for drinks in Champaign, he just headed home and invited a few guys over later that night.

In terms of other wedding items, we're actually doing pretty well on the "to do" list. We still have to get gifts for the wedding party and take care of some of the decorations, but most of the big stuff is done. And, it's a good thing considering the wedding is less that two months away - I can't believe it! In fact, David and I got our first RSVP cards back today.

We're thinking the next trip home is going to be the weekend of Oct. 18. Grandpa and Grandma Baum want to have family pictures done for their 60th wedding anniversary, so David and I are planning on driving home to participate in that. The pictures aren't until Sunday, so Saturday is going to be packed full of wedding things that need to get done. Hair cut, dress fitting, flowers and meeting with the wedding coordinator are among them.

Other than that, I don't have too much to report. David is still working part time for the Journal Star, and so far, seems to really enjoy it. Of course, we're still looking for that perfect full time job - keep praying that something comes our way soon. Mom was thinking about heading over to Nebraska to see the apartment and help me finish up some of the wedding stuff - last time I talked to her she was thinking about coming next week. I'm really looking forward to that because I'm hoping that will give us a chance to get some of the little things done like picking up some decorations and getting odds and ends like the pillow for the ring bearer and such.

Parting words for tonight's entry? 44 days until the wedding!

No comments: