Saturday, September 20, 2008

I love lazy weekends...

Happy Saturday evening, all. I hope your weekend thus far has been magnificent!

So far mine has been just the way I like it: lazy. David and I haven't done too much this weekend and that has just been wonderful. Today, we slept in, ate a late breakfast and ran to the mall to pick up a few things before David had to head into work.

David started his first night of work on Friday - he had to work from 7:30 to 11:30 at the Lincoln Journal Star. Basically, he spent his night answering phones and taking high school football scores and stats for the sports section. But, he said he thinks he's going to like it there and the people he will work with - which is a huge plus. He's back at work tonight, too, so I thought I would come into the office and catch up on some work I had to get done. The Lincoln Journal Star office is less than a block from my office, so it makes it easy to just ride into work together.

I was going to head over to Des Moines tomorrow morning to watch mom show one of our babies in the Iowa Futurity, but mom talked me out of it. It is a three hour drive, and it seems kind of silly to drive three hours over to watch an hour of show and then drive three hours back. Plus, I'm headed home next weekend to announce the Illinois Futurity, so I'll have a chance to watch her then.

I wish I was going to have time to run down to CU and see the girls while I was in town next weekend, but I just don't see that happening. David, however, will be spending most of his weekend in CU. The men in our wedding will be heading over to Michelle's to get fitted for tuxedos and then bar hopping for the rest of the day/weekend. I can't wait to get the phone calls from that outing...

In other news, we finally got some of the honeymoon situation figured out. I still have to call and see how much it's going to cost me to change our plane tickets, but at least we have a resort booked and it's final. RCI called me yesterday to tell me that the other two resorts we had requested were unavailable, but they could book me in a similar one in Sapphire, North Carolina. So, I told them to go ahead and confirm it and I would call back if David and I decided we didn't like it. After a little investigating, we decided there was no way we were going to be staying at the place they had us confirmed in - all of the reviews we could find online were horrible. For the most part, people reviewing the place complained that it wasn't clean. Let me tell you, I can deal with outdated decorations and hotels that don't have the "newest" accomodations, but I can't deal with a dump. So, that place was immediately disqualified. I called back later yesterday and there weren't too many places left available, but we were able to get reservations in a resort on Edisto Island, South Carolina. The reviews were good and it looks BEAUTIFUL! So, once plane tickets are lined out, we'll have everything set for the honeymoon.

Other than that, I don't think I have a whole lot of new information to report. Just the same old thing out here in the land of Cornhuskers - football is king, the weather is still beautiful and life is busy!

No comments: