Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Busy, busy, busy.

My apologies. I know it has been a few days since my last post, but it just seems like the last week or week and a half have been so busy. David and I were both on the road last week and when we finally got home, the only thing both of us wanted to do was sleep.

David had been on the road for the past two weeks, so he was just ready to be home. I was in Colorado picking up some stories for work, and it was cold and rainy the whole time I was there, so I came home sick. By the time we both got home, it seemed like we spent our weekend like dogs: eating and sleeping.

I was hoping to take some pictures while in Colorado - I mean, seriously, the state was meant for pictures. But, as I said, the weather turned out to be so nasty while I was there it just wasn't conducive to pictures.

Anyway, we made sort of a last minute decision to go home for the weekend, so David and I are both counting down the days until Friday.

David's best friend, Kyle, is going to be home and David hasn't seen him since the wedding. So, Kyle was reason No. 1 for going home. Then, of course, with everything that has been going on with my family in the past month, I decided it would be good for me to go home, too.

It will be another short weekend trip, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, checking out mom and Chuck's new shop and, of course, taking some new pictures. I'm hoping tht fall is finally in full swing at home so I can get some pretty shots.

And, speaking of pictures....the results are in. About a month ago, I decided that I was going to enter a photo contest put on by the Illinois Farm Bureau. It's for amateur photographers, so I should fit in nicely (seeing as none of my shots are anything too professional). There are three categories and a person may enter one photo per category - and the photos must have been taken in Illinois.

I don't have anything that I can enter for the "Kids and Critters" category (that is, unless I get something this weekend), but I do have pictures to enter in the "The Back 40" and "All in a Day's Work" categories. After asking around to see what pictures everyone else thought I should enter, the results were nearly the same:



The Back 40


All in a Day's Work

Of course, if you have a different opinion, let me know. Nearly any picture that would be eligible I have most likely posted on one of my blog entries.

So, that's the deal. I'm going to win.

Well, I suppose that's it for now. I had hoped something really interesting or some great insight would come to me while writing, but apparently, I'm empty for today. To be fair, the last two posts have been pretty insightful (yeah, I know - really humble, right?), so I think I'm entitled to a relatively mundane one this time.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments: