Thursday, July 17, 2008

I think my face is thinner...maybe.

The workouts continue. Gilad and I are very close and I continue to do my running - two and a half miles tonight; four and a half miles the night before last. I can't really tell if anything has happened or not - but, I think maybe my face is thinner. That's a plus, right?

It has been a few days since I wrote last - actually, longer than what I thought it was! I have some updating to do!

I'm headed home this weekend for a paint show in DuQuoin. I'm excited about going to a show to see everyone, but since it's in DuQuoin (four hours from home), I won't even get to go home to Clinton. I fly into St. Louis tomorrow night and fly out of St. Louis early on Sunday morning. And, I think I'm going to be the only one from my family at the show - Mom is going to be at the Farmer City open show since she's the superintendent and Janell has other duties.

What are her other duties, might you ask? She's the DeWitt County/Farmer City Fair Queen. I know, I know. Roll up your tongue and close your mouth. She actually ran - and of course, she won. Do you honestly think she wouldn't have won? She's fabulous. Of course, I wasn't able to go, but I have seen some pictures, and as usual, she looks like a freakin' rockstar. I swear - I'm workin' out like a crazy woman and she looks like that in that slinky red dress...



Oh well. Moving on: after I get home on Sunday, I'll be on the road again. I have to be in the office on Monday, but Monday after work, I will be driving up to South Dakota for a scoping event and a horse owner meeting on Tuesday. Then, it's on the road again for some producer testimonials. I'll be going through Iowa to interview vets and consumers about the products they use on their horses Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. But, here's the exciting part: I get to go HOME after that! I figured since I was already halfway home, I might as well go the rest of the way. Plus, that will give me a chance go finally visit Greb and get some more wedding stuff done.


I need to take my dress to start alterations, take the fabric swatch to the flower place and rent some linens - all in one day. But, even though I'll only be home on Saturday, I still think the trip home will be worth it. I'll get to run some errands and see my wonderful David!

I can't think of anything else (geesh - there's a lot there!). In my spare time (insert sarcastic laugh here) I'll be addressing envelopes full of wedding invitations....No turning back now!

Oh, wipe that look off your face - you know I wasn't ever considering backing out!

No comments: