Sunday, July 6, 2008

"I figured the Rocky Mountains would be rockier than this."





"Yeah, that John Denver is full of shit, man."

So, David and I flew out to Denver this weekend to see his sisters and his nieces and nephews. As usual, Colorado was absolutely beautiful, and we had a fabulous time. On the fourth, we went with his family to the zoo in Denver and then headed home for a little cook-out and to watch the fireworks. Then, on Saturday, we spent the day in Winter Park, Colo. Winter Park is a resort town, and there was an "Alpine Slide" (a big, concrete slide all the way down a mountain!) to ride and a playground for the kids. After that, on the way down, we stopped at a waterfall and took some pictures.

Now, for those of you that know my David, you know he's extremely afraid of heights. In fact, the last time we were up in the mountains in Colorado, I could barely get him to get out of the car long enough to take a picture! Well, this time was a whole different story - I was so proud of him! With a little coaxing from his brother in law, he actually climbed up a fairly steep hill to sit with me IN THE WATERFALL. Yep, not lying. It was pretty awesome. Anyway, it was wonderful to be able to get away this weekend and get my mind off of work and Greb.

And, speaking of my Greb...PRAISE GOD!

She is AWAKE! She woke up on Thursday and was able to say "hi" to her mom and dad and was able to tell the physical therapist that she was in pain. Since then, she has said a few more words, and they have changed her medication to help her deal with the pain from the fractures in her pelvis. She has also taken a few steps during physical therapy. Her recovery is remarkable and I'm just so thankful that she has been able to come this far. I can't wait until I can talk to her on the phone - even for a few minutes.

Tonight, Mom and Janell called and talked to me. In fact, they talked to me for over an hour - and Janell did most of the talking. I couldn't believe it - that was the most she's ever talked to me on the phone! Anyway, apparently she had a pretty good 4-H fair this weekend (of course, she's pretty much a rockstar). She got grand and reserve grand champion halter, and was high point senior again this year. But, listening to her tell me all of this year's drama and 4-H happenings just cracks me up - there's no one that can word things quite like Janell can.

Other than that, I don't think there's too much else to report - other than the fact that I just realized I only have about four months to get everything for the wedding finished up and I'm starting to freak out just a little bit. I suppose that's natural. But, it does present a bit of a problem when you live eight hours away from where the actual wedding is going to take place. It seems like just yesterday we had 13 months to get this whole thing planned and executed. Yikes.

Oh well. That's life - or something like it.

No comments: