Monday, June 30, 2008

Just because you're chained to the porch...

...doesn't mean you can't bark at the cars! And, apparently I'm going to be barking at a specific car when I get my new DVDs in the mail. As per Aunt Cheryl's physical therapist advice, I did something I never thought I would do.

I bought two - count 'em two - exercise DVDs. Cheryl recommended a pilates DVD by a guy named Gilad - she says he's great and easy on the eyes. And, I'm thinking, how good looking can he be with a name like Gilad? Well, I bought the DVD and I see now that Cheryl does pilates just to look at man-candy. Heck, that's a good enough reason for me.

I ordered two and am anxiously awaiting their arrival so I can continue on my work-out streak. Next on the list - DVD player for the living room so I can do my pilates in there and not in my tiny little bedroom. I guess that means a trip to Wal-Mart - one of the most dangerous places on earth for a person with the smallest little bit of money in their account. I'll be strong - just the cheap DVD player.

Until the pilates DVDs come (of which I have been warned extensively - especially their difficulty and ability to quite literally kick my ass), the work-out adventure continues. Tonight, I spent an hour on the treadmill, ran over 4 miles and burned almost 500 calories - go me! I don't really know if that's good or not - but, I feel pretty freakin' awesome.

And now, to my daily Kristina updates:

She got to go outside today! They let her dress in her own clothes and she was able to help get herself dressed. Then, they put her in a wheelchair and let her spend some time outside. I can only imagine how happy that made her - she's very much of an outside person, so I'm sure she was just itching to get out of that hospital bed.

And, of course, my David had something to say about Greb's little outdoor excursion. He told her it wouldn't be anytime before she was in her wheelchair, knocking old people out of the way in the hospital halls. That made me laugh. Then he sent me this email at work:

"Of course I'll have to show her how to corner a wheelchair...
Mom used to hate that when I just went bombing down the hallway. Picture, if you will, me (all 12 yrs and 105 lbs of me) burning down a long hospital hallway (wearing a hospital gown) and attached to an IV pole that I have a hold of with my left hand, while my right hand tries to steer the wheelchair."

That made me laugh out loud.

So, anyway, by all accounts Miss Kris is getting better everyday. I'm hoping by the end of July, she'll be up talking and moving around all by herself.

Shifting gears again. Let's just say, I'm so excited that I'm not going to marry a boy with a funny name. Put them together and it's just two names either way: Baum-Torbert or Torbert-Baum. What brought this on? It's Monday night on Jay Leno. I just saw several less than desirable names. For example:

McMaster-Baites
Must-Reamer
Howser-Annas
Small-Knob

There were several more, but I just can't remember all of them. My parting words to all of you out there. Be glad your name isn't McMaster and your significant other's name is Baites. I have a sneaking suspicion that would follow you around forever. And ever.

No comments: