Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Baby steps are still steps...


Greb and I at a 4-H House party.

Well, my girl keeps on truckin' along. Each day, I read the updates on Greb's website and each day, there are several posts detailing her tiny steps toward recovery.

Even though her steps toward recovery may be small, they're still steps.

Of course, like everyone else, I wish her steps were a little bigger! I really would love to be able to see her, or at the least just talk to her on the phone. But, I know she'll get there eventually.
The good thing is, she was incredibly active and today. She was moving her hands and arms, squeezing her hands and her eyes were fluttering quite a bit.
Greb's Aunt Jan is the one who posts most of the updates on the website and, as she says, Greb was partying this morning.
I have to say, I've never met her Aunt Jan, after reading all of her posts, I feel like I know her. I can see her in my mind and I really admire her for her dedication to Kristina and for her ability to make every situation better. It's hard for a lot of us to sit off to the side and read what's going on without being able to be there, but Aunt Jan (as I have come to know her) is always positive and has a way of lightening the mood - even when the situation calls for a somber mood.

Of course, keep praying. I know she'll get better because she's strong (and incredibly stubborn).
On another note, I'm pretty excited about next weekend. Since next weekend is the fourth of July (and of course my favorite Aunt's birthday), I have an extra day off. So, I'm going to fly out to Denver and meet David out there to hang out with his family. I'm so ready for a whole weekend off and to have some time relaxing. And, of course, we know how much I LOVE to take pictures. So, I'm ready to head out there again and snap some photos of those beautiful Rocky Mountains.

This is the time when I really wish I had one of those super nice digital camers. Nikon makes a couple of models that are excellent for day-to-day photos with superior professional quality. Those cameras are just one step down from their professional line and I would love to have one. I keep trying to drop the hints for David - I mean, honestly - that would make the perfect wedding gift.

Anyway. I can't think of anything else...just the normal hump day things today. Working the week away and I'm almost to the end of it!

No comments: