Saturday, June 28, 2008

The next time you see me...

I'm going to be sore...and hopefully, a little thinner.

Ok, so anyone who knows me knows that I've always had a little issue with my weight. It goes up and down like crazy; in fact, I have a range of about 4 different sizes in my closet because things seem to change all the time. Well, it seems like right now I'm heavier than I ever have been and it's driving me crazy. In under five months (HOLY COW - I've got a WHOLE bunch of stuff that really needs to get done...CRAP!), I'm going to betting married and I, like every other woman, want to look killer on my wedding day. So, drum roll please...

I've been working out like a mad woman. I know, I know...a little out of character. But, for the past two weeks, I have exercised everyday and I'm hoping to be able to drop a few pounds before the wedding. I don't know if I have lost any weight because I'm too cheap to buy a scale, but my pants are getting any smaller, so that's a good sign.

Now, for the Greb update.

Recently, I started emailing Greb's Aunt Jan (and yes, I actually call her Aunt Jan). It's wonderful to be able to talk to her and find out just a little bit more about Kristina and how she's doing. Plus, it's nice to have someone else to talk to. Anyway, Greb has made some BIG strides this week! She's starting to wake up more and more. This week she was writing (actually, scribbling, but the fact that she was trying to write is wonderful!) and has been extremely active. When Aunt Jan was on speaker phone talking to Greb, anytime her dad, Gary, tried to say anything, she would take her hand and cover his mouth so she could hear Aunt Jan. She also unbuttoned Gary's shirt to see the t-shirt underneath: a Metamora redbirds t-shirt. She continues to make wonderful progress, due in large part to her wonderful doctors, but also to the multitude of prayers for her. Keep those prayers going - they've been so powerful and healing for her.

David is going up to see her tomorrow (I wish I could go with him) and I've given him several messages to deliver to her and to her family.

I can't think of anything else too exciting to dish out - honestly, I'm in Nebraska. How exciting can it get?

No comments: