Friday, June 20, 2008

Faith is powerful...

It's finally the end of a rocky week. Unfortunately, I think the weekend is going to be rocky, too.

Kristina's family has been updating the website frequently with her current condition. If fact, I check it almost more often than I check my email. The good news is, everytime I check it, it seems like they have some new piece of good information to report about her progress.

I know there are hundreds of people praying for her and it has been so wonderful to see faith at work. All of the people praying for her have put theirs on the line and it's working. God is truly taking care of my friend and is healing her...ever so slowly.

And, that's the bad part. Even though she continues to make progress, there are still some things that are scary. She will move her arms, legs, finger and toes on command, but she still isn't speaking or coherent. And, that is scary.

I'm so used to coming home from work, turning on the computer and talking with Kristina. She's always been such a good friend, and one that takes a special interest in my life. One of Kristina's best friends from college said it best; she said Kristina collects people like most people collect stamps or coins. Every person that Kristina comes in contact with holds a special place in her heart and she always makes you feel like you're the most important person when she talks to you.

So, I guess what this is boiling down to is this: I have a free weekend next weekend and I just have this overwhelming feeling that I HAVE to go home to see her. I know she and her family would understand why if I didn't go. I'm a long way away and it's expensive to get home. And, she keeps getting better...but, I still want to go home and see her. I need to be there with her, even if it's only for an hour.

I talked to David and he thinks I should come home if I really want to. I'm going to call mom and see what she thinks - hopefully I can get something figured out.

No comments: