Monday, August 11, 2008

Back by popular demand...

Ok, well, maybe not popular. There was only one person who ragged on me about not updating my blog.

I was home this week and was given a stern (I use the term loosely) talking-to by Aunt Cheryl for not posting nearly often enough - and not being detailed enough! She had read my blog and was still not aware that I was going to be home - and made sure that I knew the last time I posted was a week ago.

Thus, this is my attempt to make an effort to post on a more regular basis. Here's an update from the past couple of days:

1. I still totally dislike Stella on Project Runway. I was able to catch up with last week's episode and she is still going on about leather. Does everything have to be biker-chic and rock and roll? Oh, and Blaine doesn't know what the Yellow Submarine is? I don't care if he is younger than Tim Gunn - did he grow up in a freakin' cave (or perhaps a tanning bed)? Who doesn't know the Beatles, honestly? Maybe the artificial rays from the tanning bed are starting to go to his head...
2. Flying into Lincoln, Neb., at 10:15 Sunday night and finding out that your bag didn't actually meet you there is not fun. Especially when you have to leave again on another trip the next day. Fortunately for me, the idiots who didn't put my bag on the plane in Chicago Sunday night were apparently blessed with a spark of momentary intelligence and got it on the flight first thing Monday morning, so my bag (and all of my belongings) were able to accompany me to Oklahoma.
3. I'm in Oklahoma (see above). The 8-hour drive down from Nebraska wasn't bad, and I actually enjoyed the scenery. I'm looking forward to my week here (collecting testimonials for work) and will try to take some extra pictures to post up here.
4. Don't be fooled - inflatable water slides aren't just for gradeschoolers. You might have seen them before - a giant, inflatable slide with water spraying from the top - specially made for kids ages four to ten or so. Now, imagine, if you will, four adults (again, I use this term loosely) playing on a giant inflatable water slide. David, Janell, Brian and I remembered just how much fun they could be on Sunday afternoon as we took turns launching each other off the slide and into the pool of water at the bottom. And, to enhance the mental picture forming in your brain, think of my David sitting at the top of the water slide and my cousin Brian (big six-foot-five, 250 pound fire-fighter Brian) running from a short distance and jumping on the back of the slide to fling David off the top of it. The answer is yes - it is just as funny as you imagined.
5. My good friend Greb will be returning home at the end of this month! Her halo is gone and she is now sporting an ever-so-sexy C-Collar. She's up walking around (and promising to be walking by herself at our wedding) and impressing the heck out of all of her doctors. David and I went to visit her on Saturday and she just looks absolutely fabulous. I can't wait to be able to visit her at home.
6. It's time for the official countdown. That's right, people. At the end of this week, the wedding will officially be only three months away - official freak-out time. I have this whole list of things that I said to myself I didn't really need to do until the wedding was about three or four months away - well, I'm there now and I still don't have them done. Yikes.

I think that's it for now. That's my life in a nutshell for the past couple of days. And, Aunt Cheryl, I'm going to try really, really hard to post more often - just for you!

No comments: