Saturday, August 30, 2008

"We're sorry sir, your plane has been grounded...forever."


I think if we actually did that to Illinois Gov. Blagojevich, we might be able to keep Weldon Springs State Park open. My home town has one of the most beautiful, well-maintained state parks, but as of November 1, 2008, it will be closed due to state budget problems. But, miraculously, we have the money to continue to operate the plane that flies the governor back and forth every day from Springfield to Chicago. Amazing!

It's so sad to me that Weldon Springs will be closing. I remember taking field trips there when I was in gradeschool and walking the trails with my grandma when I was little. This November, I was planning on taking some of our wedding pictures out there.

So, this weekend, David and I went over to Weldon Springs and took some pictures. I took pictures of my dad's memorial and Veteran's Point and just walked around, enjoying the scenery. Especially with the part of Veteran's Point that has my dad's memorial, I knew I wanted to take pictures - who knew what will happen to it after the park is closed.

After that, David and I came home and played with his nephew (also known as the cutest little boy ever). He is such a sweet little boy and he just loves his Uncle Dave!

We actually got a lot of wedding stuff done today - I ran down to Lincoln to talk to the florist. Then, David and I ran to Decatur to Sam's Club to take care of the table service for the reception. I'm still trying to get fitted for my dress, though. I've called twice to see if I might be able to run over this weekend to have a fitting done, but the lady who is doing my alterations has never called me back. With just over two months before the wedding, dress fittings really need to start now.

Anyway, tomorrow we're off to a cook-out. Then, Monday it's back to Nebraska. The good news is, this week David has another job interview. He got a job offer last week, but he said he just really didn't have a good feeling about it. Almost immediately after that, he was asked to come back for a second interview for a copy editing job. So, we'll see how that goes. At least, David is feeling better because he has gotten some interviews and job offers.

Anyway, I think that's it for now. Just counting down the days until the wedding...

No comments: