Thursday, August 7, 2008

"Wise man once said, 'Know thyself.'"

"That man's name was Tater-Nuts!"

Are you confused? That quote - otherwise known as the funniest thing ever said in a television show - is from That '70s Show. I think the show is absolutely hilarious, but it's more than just that.

I'm fairly certain the characters are based on me and all of my friends. For instance: Donna and Eric. Anyone who knows David and I knows that we're just like Eric and Donna. I'm a giant lumberjack and David is smart and skinny. On top of that, our personalities are even similar. And, I could probably slate some of my friends to fit into the other characters on the show - but, I'll save that for later.

Aside from the character similarities, who can ignore fabulous quotes like these:

"We were goin' at it like rabbits that just got out of prison."
"When my time comes, I want to be buried face down - so you can all kiss my ass."
"If Pastor Dave comes over, we'll never get rid of him. He'll just go on and on about how great.....God......is."

Anyway...Where did May go?

The past few weeks at work have been pretty crazy with projects, meetings and traveling. I've been on the road a lot the past couple weeks - South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, and next week, Oklahoma. In between all of those states and status calls, I apparently have just neglected to look at my calendar - well, any calendar for that matter.

Today, while I was working out of the Milwaukee office, I wandered into Jenny's office and glanced at the calendar and realized that summer - the ENTIRE summer - was gone. I'm not sure where it went - I'm thinking wormhole somewhere around mid-June - but, it sure is gone.

The good thing is, I've been home for the last couple of weeks and have been able to get a lot of stuff for the wedding done. Tomorrow, I need to run to Champaign to order my veil, then I need to head over to see the lady that is doing the alterations on my dress so she can get them started. Plus, it's been really nice to be able to spend some time with David and the rest of my family.

Better sign off for now. Wait, what's tomorrow? October?

No comments: