Saturday, August 23, 2008

Livin' life Nebraska style...

I know, I know...it's been a while. Sorry.

This big news this side of the Mississippi? David is out here with me. He came out last weekend for a few job interviews last week. So far, he's heard back from one, but we're still waiting to hear back on the others. He's decided to just stay out here this week then we'll come back to Illinois next weekend for Labor Day weekend. It will be a nice long weekend to be able to drive home, plus I have a whole bunch of wedding stuff that really needs to get done.

I'm hoping that something comes up soon because he's so discouraged. And, the thing that really sucks is, he's very talented. He's smart and he's got a ton of experience, but there just really isn't anything out here right now, and it's really starting to get to him. He's just going stir crazy sitting around with nothing to do all day.

I got back from Oklahoma last weekend - it was really a great trip. I had a lot of fun down there talking to people and taking pictures. And, the countryside is just BEAUTIFUL. Not to mention the numerous tourist attractions. For example: Bullnanza, red dirt, ranches and the ever popular, Oklahoma State Prison Rodeo. Yes - the Oklahoma State Prison Rodeo. If I would have stayed a couple of extra days, I could have witnessed one of the greatest spectator events in history - or at least the South.



I did get to visit this awesome farm - Lazy E Arena. They house 1100 broodmares, 11 stallions and around 400 yearlings (the yearlings are for sale prep). All Quarter Horse racing bloodlines, but still a really cool place to visit - and absolutely beautiful - I've included some pictures.


Anyway, great trip, but I was exciting to be back home and spend a week in the office. This weekend has been spent doing wedding things. I ordered invitations and they came in a couple of weeks ago, so today, David and I spent time buying stamps ($100-worth!), stuffing invitations and digging up addresses. So, be prepared, you all will probably be seeing those in the next few weeks.

My friend, Kristina, got to go home this week. She went home Monday and has been doing some home therapy and out-patient therapy. Before she went home, WMBD out of Peoria did a neat feature story on her - if you would like to watch the story, follow this link:

http://centralillinoisproud.com/content/fulltext/?cid=17951

She's looking absolutely fabulous and I have no doubt she'll be walking down the aisle by herself at our wedding. However, her parents told us the doctors have said it will be one full year before they know if she is fully recovered.

(I know - it just keeps going and going!) Janell moved into school this week - I've already gotten two phone calls. The first one was from mom telling me that she called Janell (the day after she moved in) but Janell hadn't called her back and if Janell called me, I was to tell her to call mom. Ten minutes later I got a call from Janell asking me where she needed to go to get books. When I asked her if she called mom, I got, "Yeeessssss. I called her." I can feel the love. Or something.

And finally - Project Runway. How funny was the last episode?? Oh my gosh - I thought I was going to die when they were designing these clothes for drag queens - it couldn't have been better. That is, until Tim Gunn said, "It looks like a pterodactyl out of a gay Jurassic Park." FABULOUS! Michael Kors giggled the whole time. I loved it. But, I still don't love Blaine. Or the gay mormon. Yikes.

No comments: