Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I don't care if we don't need anymore, I love the rain.

Sometimes it seems like when I finally get one thing crossed off my list, two more things get tacked on to the end...

It's officially 12:34 a.m and I'm finally done with homework, but I still need to get some odds and ends ready for class tomorrow. I have a major project due at the end of the week and all of the video I uploaded for it went haywire. Wonderful...I get to redo that tomorrow night after I get off work. It's nights like tonight when I just can't wait to be done with school and move on to a job where I'm not going to have 5 hours of homework every night. I know, I know...you're saying, "You'll miss it when it's gone." Well, I'm sure you're right...but right now, I just can't be done with school fast enough. I'm tired of the silly projects and 'busy-work' homework. Oh well. Three more weeks and that's just where I'll be - Done.

The plus side? It's raining. I know that seems crazy - if you're from central Illinois, you'll think I'm nuts. That's all we've had for the past couple of months and it's the last thing my farming family needs, but I just can't help it. I love the smell of rain and the way the sky looks when it opens up and just starts pouring. I like the thunder and the lightning and the way it's unpredictable and predictable at the very same time. And, after it's all said and done and it has finally stopped raining, I love how everything looks new and fresh. There's something so comforting - so methodical - about the rain.



I also got to run home this week and shoot some pictures on the farm and chat with Grandma and Grandpa DeMent. I just love to go home and talk to them. They - well, I guess the whole family really - just love life and it's so much fun to listen to their stories and have a good laugh. I've made several short trips home in the past couple weeks. Partly, because I'm using the farm as the subject of a multimedia project, but also because I know in a few short weeks, I'm not going to be able to just run home for a quick trip.

I guess that's it for tonight. My bed is calling...and so is class tomorrow. Yuck.

Oh well. Who knows...maybe it will rain tomorrow!


No comments: