Monday, April 14, 2008

Two and half weeks...and counting.

Today marks the start of another week, but it also marks the beginning of the end. That's right, folks - two and half more weeks and I'm out of college for good! At this point, you'd have to be a complete idiot to not understand or realize how incredibly excited I am. Of course, I'll miss school - I absolutely LOVED my past four years here at the University of Illinois - but, it's time to move on to bigger and better things.

I'm super excited about the next couple of weeks. I have a lot of projects and papers to finish up, but there are going to be some fun things mixed in, too. This Thursday, I'm headed out on the town to catch up with my 4-H girls at Crush party, followed by an equally exciting visit by my "best good friend" Rachel on Friday night. Saturday is the first horse show of the season, which is always exciting for me as the announcer; and, I have to attend a College of ACES awards banquet on Sunday. Then, next Thursday, David and I are headed out to Nebraska to look for apartments. I absolutely cannot wait to go out there and spend some time looking at houses and checking out the town. David's got a couple of interviews as well, so we'll actually get to see quite a bit of the state! I'm hoping we find just the right place and can at least put a security deposit down to hold the apartment.

I'm so anxious to get that nailed down so that I can start figuring out furnishings for the house. I already have most of what we will need, but it will be much easier to pack knowing what will and won't fit in our new place. Plus, David and I just got done filling out bridal registries this weekend, so I'm well aware of what we will need that we don't already have.

And, with that said, now is the time for me to shamelessly plug our registries (sorry, I just can't help it). We spent our Sunday afternoon criss-crossing Decatur trying to get as much done as we could. We registered at Target, then headed to the mall to check out some wedding rings and then register at JC Penney's and Kohl's (all of which may be seen in the store or online-again, sorry).

Registering was an adventure in itself. As I said before, my husband-to-be was exceedingly excited to go out and spend his day looking at random household items (hopefully, you can see the sarcasm dripping from that sentence). By the end of the afternoon, he was complaining about everything, making me just as anxious to get the heck out of there as he was. David's high light of the day was when I let him register for a $700.00 plasma TV and a home theatre/surround sound system. I know, I know...the TV is a little tacky for a bridal registry, but hey, everyone needs to put a couple of "I-know-we're-never-gonna-get-it" items on their list just for the fun of it. We probably didn't need to get registered this early - we don't have any showers coming up - but, we figured since we're both graduating this May, if anyone felt compelled to get graduation gifts and they didn't know what to get, they could just check out our wedding registry.

I suppose that's it for today. Hopefully tomorrow will be more like today - it has been absolutely beautiful outside today. A little nippy, but much better than Sunday - it snowed on Sunday.

No comments: