Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The time has come...

...the walrus said, "To speak of many things..." Okay, so I don't know any walruses, and obviously they don't talk. What I was referring to is the time has come to go look for houses! David and I fly out of Bloomington tomorrow at the buttcrack of dawn (6 A.M.). It's going to be an early morning, but I just can't wait to get out there and get something picked out. David also has an interview while we're out there, so I'm hoping that goes well for him. I think he's really anxious because he doesn't have something lined out yet. And, not that I can blame him; I would be worried too if the situation were reversed. I just have to remember - I know how incredibly smart and talented he is, and I know he'll find something. It may not be exactly what he wants at first, but I know he'll end up with something fantastic.

Of course (if you haven't picked this up, you're an idiot) I'm absolutely busting at the seams with excitement waiting to go out to Nebraska (both this weekend and for good), but the past couple of days, walking around campus, I've realized how much I'm going to miss it here. Just in the past couple of days, all of the trees have buds and flowers on them, and the tulips are blooming like crazy! It's just been absolutely beautiful here - I love this campus and, of course, all of my friends here, and I know I'm going to miss it. Oh well. I've been told that my lovely pledge class will be taking their senior walk-out to Iowa. And Ames, Iowa, is only three hours away from Lincoln, Nebraska!

On another note, I'm struggling with the decision of a lifetime: can I afford a new car? Okay, so maybe it's not the decision of a lifetime, but it's still pretty flippin' important. My beloved car has been in the shop three times in the last month, and I'm just afraid it won't be able to make it out to Nebraska. Or, if it can, it will die out there and I'll be stuck without a car. So, the question is, should I try to scrape up the money to get a new one before I leave, or try to save some money and just hope my car makes it. I'll probably just end up having my mom help me make the decision! It's just that, this whole "You're on your own, now" thing is really scary, and even though I have some money saved, I want to make sure that I won't be totally broke if I need to take care of something.

I suppose that's it. Wedding planning is still moving along at a snail's pace; I have some phone calls I desperately need to make and just don't want to spend the time doing it. Maybe I'll work on some of that stuff this weekend while I have some time off. Who am I kidding? I'll be sleeping.

No comments: