Friday, April 11, 2008

Mission accomplished.

I didn't know if it would actually happen, but I made it to the end of the week! It's finally Friday and I'm ready for a little bit of relaxation this weekend. And, of course, that means I'm one week closer to graduation. Now, that's exciting!

I spent most of my afternoon in the Journ 480 lab yesterday and got my project done. And, I have to say, it's pretty BA (in the words of my sister). I put together a video of my grandpa talking about his dairy farm, how he got his start in the dairy business and how they stay competitive as a small farm in a corporate farming world. Maybe not interesting to the average Joe, but I think it turned out pretty neat. I shot the interview and the extra footage and pictures, and it really turned out well. I can't wait to put another one together with my grandma and the rest of the family in it. I think they'll end up being really great things to keep and look back on later. Once I finally get that done, I'm going to put all of the photos, audio and video together and make a webpage. That whole undertaking will be pretty time-consuming, but I think it really will be worth it in the end.

We had more rain last night - in fact, a whole lot of rain. They issued flash flood warnings for our area. The weather made for kind of gloomy night, and it turned into a rough night for me. I love photography, so I spent my night looking at some of the Pulitzer Prize winning journalism photographs and one particular series of photos was really hard to look at. It was a collection of photos taken by Preston Gannaway that revolved around the treatment, care and death of a woman with cancer and how her family coped with it all. The pictures were very moving, but particularly for me. It reminded me of my April nearly 5 years ago when I lost my dad. Nothing can ever prepare you for that...Of course, it will always be hard, but it seems worse right now because I'm getting ready to move and I'm getting ready for my wedding all I want is to have him here. I miss him a lot, but I'm also very blessed to have had him for 18 years. I also have a wonderful family and an amazing fiance who can always cheer me up.

Well, now that I've runined your good mood (sorry!), I suppose I'd better wrap this one up and get back to work. Unfortunately, they don't pay me to blog...

No comments: