Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm such a geek...




Oh man - tonight was absolutely wonderful. Why? Because I'm a geek. I love the Discovery Channel. Now, when I say love, I don't mean a "let's hang out on the weekends or go occasionally see a movie" kind of love. I mean a "let's get married and spend every waking moment together" kind of love. Seriously. I told you I was a geek.

Anyway, tonight was the season premiere of Deadliest Catch - my absolute most favorite Discovery Channel show. In fact, I taped it (yep, still a geek). I'm totally addicted. Part of it is the fact that Mike Rowe (who I would totally marry) is the narrator. Just like I'm madly in love with the Discovery Channel - I'm also madly in love with Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs is my second favorite show). He has the most amazing comedic timing and the perfect voice. And, his bloopers are just as funny as the show...


(Check out the video link...it's priceless!)

Aside from Mike Rowe, I just love everything about Deadliest Catch. I love watching the skippers yell and the crew members fight. And, it just blows my mind the kind of weather and high seas that they work through and are still able to come out smiling at the end of the season. Crazy.
Oh, and the new commercials with the singing...hilarious!

Ok...now that you have experienced the depths of my geeky-ness...

We had some excitement here at the ol' apartment tonight. On my way home from work, 12 - yes 12 - cop cars passed me with lights and sirens. They just happened to turn onto my road and I ended up following them right over to my building. When I parked my car, all of the police were out of their cars with guns drawn and two men were on the ground and hand-cuffed. An hour and a half later, the police were still searching one car in the parking lot. Needless to say, just like myself and my roommate, there were several "Peeping Toms" peering through closed blinds to see what was going on.

Aside from all that excitement, it was a fairly normal Tuesday. The weather was nice - a little windy - but, nice. And, of course, the countdown continues. Only two more Tuesdays of college left...

No comments: