Saturday, April 26, 2008

I think I'm gonna dig it here...

Whew! So much has happened in the past few days here in Nebraska. After apartment hunting for the past few days, I was kind of down in the dumps because I just hadn't really seen anything that I totally loved. Sure, we found a couple that we could make work, but it wasn't anything that I was like, "Wow. This is it."

Then, this afternoon, we went back for a second time to look at an apartment - just to make sure it was the one we wanted to take. As we were leaving, I happened to look over to the left and I saw some townhouses that were cute. So, David and I drove over to them just to look at them. When we got back to the hotel, I got on the internet and looked them up and found that one of them was for sale. We looked at the pictures and calculated payments and other expenses and realized it was something we could definitely afford! So, after calling David's mom and having her make some calls, we're just waiting to hear back from the realtor here in Lincoln to see if it's still available and to see if we can make an appointment before we leave to see it in person.

I'm so anxious about the whole thing. For the first time I feel like this is exactly what we're looking for and I just hope that we can get in touch with this realtor before we leave town - I don't want to miss the boat on this (if we haven't already).

Right now, I have to stop talking about the apartments and take you all on a trip down memory lane: David and I are watching the Lunch Lady song by Adam Sandler and the interpretive dance done by the wonderful Chris Farley. It's okay if you feel the need to laugh uncontrolably. Sloppy Joe, Slop-Sloppy Joe...

Good times.

Anyway. Tomorrow David and I have to head out to Aurora for his interview with the paper out there. And, of course, we'll no more than get out there and that realtor will call and want to show us the house. We're here until Monday afternoon, so hopefully we can get something worked out.

I suppose that's it for now...cross your fingers about the house!

No comments: